Tuesday 28 June 2016

Thursday Thirteen - Books I read again and again and again



  1. Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons -Utterly brilliant, still funny, still clever and I read it at least twice a year.


  2. Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K Jerome - I carry this book in the car with me so that if I end up waiting somewhere I have something to read, and I just open it at any page and begin. I just love it.


  3. Forever Amber by Kathleen Winsor - I think I would have liked Amber although there are times you want to give a good smack. The book paints such a clear picture of how the period was... or at least how Kathleen Winsor thought it was!


  4. Flashman by George MacDonald Fraser - or in fact any of the Flashman books. I love the beastly cad, an unutterable bounder and how he is always at the heart of the action even though he's trying desperately hard not to be!


  5. The Thirty Nine Steps by John Buchan - a really good adventure story which has intrigue, romance and pace.


  6. Cross stitch by Diana Gabaldon - I thought this would be utter pants but I was gripped by the story and its telling and only got a bit fed up with the series by the time I got to the 5th book.


  7. The Oxford English Dictionary - if I go and look up something in the dictionary I soon get hooked and start reading it, and then annoy people by saying "Did you know ...." a lot.


  8. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult


  9. Who goes here? by Bob Shaw


  10. Bridget Jones' Diary by Helen Fielding



  11. Neither Here nor There by Bill Bryson

  12. Mother Tongue by Bill Bryson

  13. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

No comments: