Wednesday 3 October 2007

Well known for our tact and diplomacy

I have come to the conclusion that Holly has a huge chunk of her great grandmother, Jessie, in her. Jessie was an outspoken woman of strong conviction, so not always comfortable to be around. She, however, thought she was discreet and thoughtful in her approach to others and was often heard to say "We Childs are well known for our tact and Diplomacy...!" usually after saying something buttock clenchingly awful to someone. This is the phone conversation with Holly tonight:

"You know, even though you're quite rich (remember she's 12 so that means I have more than £10 on me occasionally - no begging letters please) I think probably people don't think you look attractive, but you have a nice personality so I expect they like you anyway."


Thanks. I think.


I'm still trying to figure out the conversation that went like this:


(Both of us snuggled up together under the duvet on a sleep over)


"Aunty Les, Why have you got two bottoms?"


I haven't, honestly!


No comments: